Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 by Victoria
Hello everyone!! Once again we are approaching Thanksgiving, and I’ve got much to be grateful for:
- I spent most of 2016 as the keyboardist for the Tour of the Year: Beyoncé’s FORMATION World Tour!!
- Now that I’m home, I’ve already started booking performances for myself as an artist.
- I have resumed my teaching studio. Want lessons? Contact me!
- I’ve started taking dance classes again! Mostly contemporary, modern and African, but also a little bit of funk/pop/hip-hop and samba! I’m having a great time! Baile!!
- I’m starting up my house concert series again! I had a great time performing house concerts in 2015, and although in 2016 I was busy performing in stadiums (yes, stadiums…all year…around the world…I’m still wrapping my head around that), I love the intimacy of house concerts. Check out this link for more details:
- Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Holidays with Lenny Williams and Friends with a Special Tribute to Rick Richards. Rick created the Keep Music Rockin’ Foundation in San Leandro to help bring music back into the schools. After several years of massively successful fundraising, the program flourished, thanks to Rick’s immense love for the students. Sadly, Rick passed away December 4, 2016. Please join us in celebrating Rick’s life, and supporting his life’s passion: music education.
- Friday, December 23, 2016
- Saturday, December 24, 2016
- January 29, 2017
- Victoria Theodore House Concert in Patterson, CA (Stanislaus County)! Please contact Rhonda if you’d like to be on the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- $20 suggested donation
- 7pm doors (there will be beer, wine, coffee and tea)
- 8pm music
I’ll be in Oakland December 1-2. Check out my schedule, find a time and send me an email message letting me know what works for you! Bay Area Lesson Schedule
While I do avoid getting into politics in my posts, I want to invite you in joining me (whichever political leanings you have) in praying for more peace, love and understanding in our country. It’s no secret that I am of like-mind with Obama, Hillary and Bernie, and that I am very disappointed in the election of the current President-elect, Mr. Trump. However, I believe that through love we can make this country truly great; indeed greater than it has ever been. I do not understand those who support Mr. Trump, but I offer loving kindness and acceptance anyway. There is far too much divisiveness, anger, distrust and mean-spiritedness in our country. I choose civility and choose to remain a thoughtful, kind, considerate person. I also choose to continue to work for a country (and world) where all people, regardless of color, ethnicity, age, size, socio-economic status, education level, physical ability, gender, identity or orientation are able to enjoy Equal Rights, Justice, Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, our unalienable rights as Americans. We are all God’s children. Spread love, not hate.
Quotes from two Marks
- “Love your neighbor as yourself” – Mark 12:31
- “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.” ― Mark Twain
I wish you all a beautiful, gratitude filled Thanksgiving holiday! Love is all we need…
Love, Blessings & Music,
Music, art, education, prosperity, well-being, compassion, peace, joy and love!
This entry was posted on
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 at
1:10 am and is filed
under Blog, front-page, House Concert, News, Performance. You
can follow any responses to this entry
through the RSS 2.0